On this page we've highlighted all of the positive steps we've taken to provide a sustainable hotel.
Newquay Hotels is a family business and maintains a strong commitment to the environment and to the local economic and social community. As a company, we recognise that our operation has an impact on the environment and are committed to improving our performance through a number of policies and practices in order to ensure environmental, economic and societal sustainability.
In return for our commitment we ask you, our visitors, to also do your bit for the environment by following these five steps to being a sustainable visitor.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Get out of the car!
- Stay local, eat local, buy local, see local
- Turn off
- Follow the Countryside Code
- As a large Cornish Company we are passionate about our local, natural environment and are committed to improving our environmental performance by:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and industry codes of practice
- Actively working towards reducing environmental impact and prevent pollution that occurs as a result of our operation
- Considering the concerns of interested parties such as guests, members, local residents, employees and regulators
- Setting objectives and targets to drive continual improvement programmes, and regularly review environmental performance to ensure success
- Ensuring all employees and subcontractors are aware of this policy and trained in their environmental responsibilities
- Engaging suppliers and guests in environmental initiatives which support the environmental aims of the company
- Making this policy available to our customers and the public on demand
- This policy will be implemented within the framework of an Environmental Management System designed to meet the requirements of BS8555.
We actively support the local environment, economic and social communities. By investing in the hotels and constantly improving facilities on a regular basis, we ensure that wasteful and inefficient facilities are either repaired or removed and replaced with efficient and waste / energy minimising models. Over the last few years we have been pro-actively monitoring and reducing our energy consumption within the hotel. We have invested a large amount of money purchasing efficient equipment and training our staff to use them resourcefully.
We are committed to buying local produce and using Cornish suppliers:
- Beverages – St. Austell Brewery, Cornish Orchards Cider and Camel Valley Wines
- Meat – M Yates and Sons, Newquay and AA meats, Padstow
- Fruit and Vegetables – West Country Fruit Sales
- Fresh Fish – Matthew Stevens, St Ives
- Dairy – Trewithen Dairy, Lostwithiel
- Chocolate - Kernow Chocolate, Wadebridge
Whilst you are here, why not visit a local farm shop for fresh, local produce:
Trevilley’s Farm Shop, Newquay. Tel: 01637 872 310
Bre-Pen Farm Shop, Mawgan Porth. Tel: 01637 860420
Padstow Farm Shop, Trethillick Farm, Padstow Tel: 01841 533060
Carruan Farm Centre, St Minver, Wadebridge. Tel: 01208 869584
Great Gargus Farm, Tregony, Truro Tel: 01872 530274
It has become clear that all of us need to make our best effort to reduce our dangerous carbon emissions created from day to day life. However, it is equally clear that it is not going to be possible for any resident in the UK to completely eliminate their personal carbon footprint – this is where carbon offsetting comes in.
Carbon offsetting works by helping both individuals and businesses to assess their carbon footprint, then invest in projects around the world that save the emissions of, or absorb, an equivalent amount of CO2. Through this process, they balance out their unavoidable carbon emissions and become CarbonZero.
Visit co2balance to see how you can reduce and offset your carbon emissions ethically and credibly.
Electric Car Charger
As electric cars are the future, we have now installed a charging point in our car park for our EV drivers. If you are bringing an electric car with you on holiday, just let us know before arrival and we will reserve a space for you so you can simply park and charge your car for just £15 a day.
For further information and bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01637 852221.